Silver Medals in Acoustical Oceanography
Silver Medal in Acoustical Oceanography
- 2009 – Robert C. Spindel – For implementation of ocean acoustic tomography and basin scale acoustic thermometry.
- 2004 – D. Vance Holliday – For contributions to the study of marine life, from plankton to whales.
- 1997 – Herman Medwin – For contributions to the understanding of acoustical scattering, absorption and ambient noise, particularly in relation to the acoustics of bubbles in the sea.
- 1993 – Clarence S. Clay – For contributions to understanding acoustic propagation in layered waveguides, scattering from the ocean’s boundaries and marine life, and ocean parameters and processes.
Helmholtz-Rayleigh Interdisciplinary Silver Medal in Acoustical Oceanography and Underwater Acoustics
- 1998 – David E. Weston – For seminal work on the physics of explosive sources, scattering, and the horizontal refraction of sound.
Helmholtz-Rayleigh Interdisciplinary Silver Medal in Underwater Acoustics, Acoustical Oceanography and Signal Processing in Acoustics
- 2002 – Arthur B. Baggeroer – For applications of model-based signal processing to underwater acoustics and for contributions to Arctic acoustics.
Helmholtz-Rayleigh Interdisciplinary Silver Medal in Biomedical Ultrasound/Bioresponse to Vibration/Acoustical Oceanography
- 2013 – Tim Leighton – For contributions to biomedical acoustics, physical acoustics and acoustical oceanography.
- 2006 – Mathias Fink – For contributions to the understanding of time reversal acoustics